Dinniman Endorsed by FARMER – Pa. Farm Bureau
West Chester (November 2, 2016) – FARMER, the political action committee operated by the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau has endorsed Andy Dinniman for reelection to the Pennsylvania Senate.
The bipartisan organization named Andy a 2016 “Friend of Agriculture” based on his voting record on agricultural issues, his personal philosophy, and his relationship with local farmers and the Chester-Delaware County Farm Bureau.
According to the organization’s website, “Every election cycle, members of the bi-partisan FARMER Committee recognize members of the Pennsylvania General Assembly that have supported the Farm Bureau. FARMER—a political action committee comprised of farmers—tracks the voting records of members of the General Assembly on issues of importance to farm families. The FARMER committee also seeks input from county Farm Bureaus on the relationships that lawmakers have made with farmers.”
Dinniman, who serves on the Senate Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee and is a longtime supporter of the Chester County Conservation District and the Grange, said he was honored to receive the endorsement and would continue to stand with local farmers and those across Pennsylvania on important issues related to farming and agriculture.
“I grew up on a dairy farm, so I understand that agriculture is not only where our food comes from, it’s a business that represents a tremendous sector of our economy,” he said. “And the vast majority of farms in Chester County are family-owned enterprises that provide thousands of jobs and have helped preserve hundreds of acres of open space.
“I want to thank the members of the Farm Bureau for their service and FARMER for its endorsement. As the saying goes, ‘If you ate today, thank a farmer.’ So, I thank them for that, too!” he added.
In the legislature, Dinniman has supported bills to promote farming and introduced legislation to protect farmland. In fact, Pennsylvania leads the nation in farmland preservation – having recently permanently preserved it 5,000th farm for agricultural use.
In addition, Dinniman:
- Supports efforts of the Chester-Delaware County Farm Bureau and Delaware Valley College to conduct a study of the economic impact of the equine agriculture and the equine industry in Chester County. To safeguard the horse industry, it is important to quantify its impact.
- Introduced Senate Bill 1125, legislation that calls for expanding and encouraging the use of environmentally friendly pasteurized mushroom compost in pipeline and natural gas drilling reclamation projects.
- Continues to work closely with the Chester-Delaware Farm Bureau on preventing and combating the epidemic of Lyme disease, which has impacted so many in the Chester County region. Dinniman was a supporter and co-sponsor of Act 83, the Lyme and Related Tick-Borne Disease Surveillance, Education and Prevention and Treatment Act and continues to work to implement the recommendations of the Pennsylvania Health Department’s Task Force on Lyme and Related Tick-Borne Disease.
“Horses, dairy cows, mushrooms, and all farming are not only part of our heritage, they’re part of our prosperity, our rural landscape, and our way of life. Pennsylvania leads the nation in farmland preservation.,” Dinniman said. “ Together, let’s keep farming first in Chester County.”
Latest posts by Team Dinniman (see all)
- Dinniman Endorsed by FARMER – Pa. Farm Bureau - November 2, 2016
- Dinniman Endorsed by Pa. Coalition of Taxpayer Associations - October 27, 2016
- Andy’s New TV Commercials - October 19, 2016
In addition to voting for property tax elimination and supporting real property tax reform, Dinniman has championed a number of issues to streamline government, end perks, cut wasteful spending, and reduce educational costs.read more
You may have seen Andy’s New TV commercials while catching up on your favorite shows in the past few weeks. The voices of Chester County speak for themselves and the answer is clear. This November 8th, Who do you want leading Chester County?read more
Andy Dinniman and Susan Rzucidlo were the only Democrats from Chester County to receive the endorsement of Humane PA, a nonpartisan organization founded to give animals a voice in Harrisburg.read more
Share Your Feedback or Get Involved
Dinniman for Senate
717 Constitution Drive
Exton, PA 19341