Dinniman Launches 2020 Reelection Campaign
West Chester (January 28, 2020) – State Senator Andy Dinniman today launched his 2020 reelection campaign for Pennsylvania’s 19th Senatorial District, citing his record of success in crafting bipartisan solutions to some of Chester County’s most pressing challenges.
“Together, we’ve made Chester County a great place to live, work, and raise a family. But there is still much more work to do. I’ve never been one to shy away from hard work. I’ve always fought the good fight and I’m not about to stop now,” Dinniman said.
Dinniman said he expects the 2020 campaign to focus on some of the core issues facing Chester County and Pennsylvania:
- Pipeline Safety and Regulation – Dinniman was the first to take on Sunoco/ET’s controversial Mariner East pipeline project and is working to pass a legislative package calling for stronger oversight, inspection and regulation of pipelines when it comes to placement, construction, safety and operation.
- Strong Schools for the Future – Dinniman continues his work to return the focus of education from standardized testing to classroom learning. After a years-long battle, he succeeded in rolling back the graduation requirement associated with the Keystone Exams. Dinniman also supports strong investments in career and technical education.
- Standing for Women’s Health and Against Sexual Assault – Dinniman has consistently opposed attacks on women’s health in Harrisburg. He is also working to combat the culture of sexual violence on college campuses and beyond. In addition, Dinniman has introduced the first bill to add consent education to the statewide school curricula.
- Preserving Open Space – A champion of open space preservation, Dinniman helped craft Landscapes, Chester County’s nationally recognized open space plan. Today, even as nearly 30 percent of the county has been preserved, new development pressures are leading to unprecedented congestion and threatening some of the region’s most important environmental treasures.
- Protecting Our Pets – A well-known lover of dogs and animals, Dinniman led the successful effort to end the use of carbon monoxide gassing and other inhumane methods of euthanization. He is a strong supporter of Victoria’s Law (Senate Bill 44) to eliminate puppy and other pet mills by prohibiting Pennsylvania pet stores from selling puppies, kittens, and rabbits. Dinniman has also introduced legislation to increase the penalty when a pet animal is harmed or killed in a domestic violence situation. And he is the founder of Henry’s Helping Paw, an initiative that aims to keep senior citizens and pets together in their homes by providing free pet food delivery and visiting veterinary care to those in need.
Dinniman was the first Chester County Democrat to be elected to state office in a century. He previously served as a Chester County Commissioner and a member of the Downingtown Area School Board. His record of achievement as a pragmatic leader who builds consensus to solve tough problems has earned him strong bipartisan support.
In the Senate, he serves as minority chair of the Senate Education Committee, and on the Environmental Resources and Energy Committee, the Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee, the Game and Fisheries Committee, and the Consumer Affairs and Professional Licensure Committee.
Dinniman has been recognized with awards from more than 50 local, state and national organizations and serves on a half-dozen boards and commissions, including the State Board of Education, the Ben Franklin Technological Development Authority, the Education Commission of the States, and the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
The 2020 Primary Election in Pennsylvania is April 28. The General Election is November 3.
Latest posts by Team Dinniman (see all)
- A Difficult Decision. A Clear Choice. The Right Path Forward. - February 7, 2020
- Dinniman Launches 2020 Reelection Campaign - January 30, 2020
- Dinniman Endorsed by FARMER – Pa. Farm Bureau - November 2, 2016
[give_form id="855" show_title="false" show_goal="false" show_content="none" display_style="modal" float_labels="enabled"]
For nearly 30 years, as your Chester County Commissioner and State Senator, I have had the privilege of building a close relationship with the people of Chester County. Now, I have a responsibility to explain why I will not be seeking reelection. This was a very tough...read more
The bipartisan organization named Andy a 2016 “Friend of Agriculture” based on his voting record on agricultural issues, his personal philosophy, and his relationship with local farmers and the Chester-Delaware County Farm Bureau.read more
You may have seen Andy’s New TV commercials while catching up on your favorite shows in the past few weeks. The voices of Chester County speak for themselves and the answer is clear. This November 8th, Who do you want leading Chester County?read more
Share Your Feedback or Get Involved
Dinniman for Senate
717 Constitution Drive
Exton, PA 19341