To Preserve and Support an Integral Part of the American Dream
“Investments in education are investments in our future. At a time when Pennsylvanians are taking on the challenges of today and planning for those of tomorrow, we cannot afford to shortchange the children and young people who will lead our Commonwealth into the future. Public education must be preserved and supported. It is an integral part of Pennsylvania and a basic tenet of the American dream.”
- Senator Dinniman has been a strong and consistent supporter of all levels of public education. An educator and former college professor, Dinniman knows the value of public education and how crucial it is to our future.
- As Minority Chair of the Education Committee, Dinniman led the opposition to using the Keystone Exams as graduation requirements. Recently, legislation was passed to delay the Keystones as graduation requirements for two years (Class of 2019). Dinniman continues to work to return the focus of education from testing to teaching.
- Dinniman supports nonpartisan school boards and introduced legislation to remove partisanship from school board races. Pennsylvania is one of only three states that allow the partisan election of school board members.
- To cut college textbook costs, Dinniman successfully passed legislation effectively limiting the rising cost of textbooks and requiring that all textbooks be put online.
- Dinniman successfully passed articulation legislation that will allow students to
more easily transfer credits between community colleges, state system universities and state-related universities, thus removing away the need to repeat courses and saving students money. The legislation also increased the academic integrity of the process.
- Dinniman assembled a bipartisan set of bills called the State System of Higher Education Mandate Relief Act that will allow state system universities to save millions of dollars.
- Dinniman spearheaded the passage of a legislative package designed to give state-owned universities the freedom and flexibility to save money through national cooperative agreements for supplies and services, earn more money through commercialization of faculty research, and offer advanced doctoral degree programs. West Chester University is now considering offering doctoral programs in biostatistics, pharmaceutical product development and nursing
- Dinniman has strongly and consistently opposed draconian cuts to higher education that will result in large tuition increases and more student debt.
For nearly 30 years, as your Chester County Commissioner and State Senator, I have had the privilege of building a close relationship with the people of Chester County. Now, I have a responsibility to explain why I will not be seeking reelection. This was a very tough...read more
West Chester (January 28, 2020) – State Senator Andy Dinniman today launched his 2020 reelection campaign for Pennsylvania’s 19th Senatorial District, citing his record of success in crafting bipartisan solutions to some of Chester County’s most pressing challenges....read more
The bipartisan organization named Andy a 2016 “Friend of Agriculture” based on his voting record on agricultural issues, his personal philosophy, and his relationship with local farmers and the Chester-Delaware County Farm Bureau.read more
Share Your Feedback or Get Involved
Dinniman for Senate
717 Constitution Drive
Exton, PA 19341